Saturday, February 5, 2011

Best Steak I Ever Made

For my first post, I would like to share this little gem I found via Stumble Upon: "Turning Cheap "Choice" Steak into Gucci "Prime" Steak.

Basically, the instructions call for massively salting the meat and letting it sit for about an hour. Then you rinse it off, pat it dry and cook it.

This morning I was watching "Man vs. Food" on the Travel Channel, mostly because nothing else was on. Anyway, it was in Texas, which meant lots and lots of meat. There was even a lovely challenge in which he had to devour a 72 oz. steak. Generally, watching this guy in his "challenges" makes me nauseous, but since I hadn't had breakfast yet and was very hungry, all the scenes leading up to this were like foreplay.  For your viewing pleasure:


I actually ended up with a monstrous craving for steak, and just my luck, I had already planned on going grocery shopping today. So I bought a couple cheap steaks and remembered the salting trick. They were delicious, juicy and tender. They did turn out a little salty, but that is just how I like it!

I highly recommend giving this a try.

Thank you "Steamy Kitchen" for sharing this one!

Rachel Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment