Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Whip

As a continuation of my last post, here is another menu item from my fabulous/fail first-ever book swap party! Today's featured item is Pumpkin Whip! I believe the original recipe referred to it as "Pumpkin Fluff", but that just wasn't going to jive with me. Hence, re-branding. :-P I served mine in a hallowed out pie pumpkin (which was a nightmare, btw, to cut open) with cinnamon graham crackers. However, after eating some leftovers today, I realized the grahams really took away from the pumpkin flavor. Also, they're kind of messy and crumbly, so I would recommend Teddy Grahams if you wanted to go that route. Or just enjoy eating with a spoon. It'll be like eating a cloud...a delicious pumpkiny cloud. :-P

Ingredients:
-1 16 oz. container fat-free whipped topping, thawed
-1 5 oz. package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
-1 15 oz. can pumpkin (I think it could use a little more to be honest, but I really like pumpkin)
-1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
-In a large bowl, mix together vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
-Fold in thawed whipped topping.
-Chill until serving

Enjoy!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment