Sunday, August 19, 2012

Barbecue Chicken Quesedillas

This is a good one. And super simple! It's just chicken, cheese, onion and cilantro on tortillas with barbecue dipping sauce. But the really great thing about it is that you can change the ingredients to your taste. There are so many options! I also like doing a pizza version.



For the chicken, I use rotisserie chicken that I've shredded and frozen for just these kinds of occasions. It's easy and already has a great flavor. I used a Mexican mix for the cheese, which in retrospect, probably would have been better with cheddar for a barbecue version. I also chopped up a red onion and some cilantro. Studdly Hubby wasn't a big fan of the herb though. Again, this may have not been the best choice for barbecue. I didn't care for the barbecue sauce we had on hand so I dipped mine in salsa.

I don't have a fancy-dancy quesadilla maker, so I make them on our George Foreman grill. This has always worked just fine for me, and who needs another appliance cluttering up their kitchen counters? Because of the shape and size, I use one tortilla, place the filling on one half, then fold it over.


Once you close the lid, it only needs to grill for 3-5 minutes. Just enough to melt that cheese! 

This is a super easy, customizable dinner (or lunch) that is filling and delicious. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment