Monday, August 20, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

Today's dinner was another quick and simple one, but big on comfort. Chicken Pot Pie!

This is how it looks straight out of the oven!

As always, the chicken came from a rotisserie chicken that I had shredded and frozen. When I assembled the meal for the freezer, I put individual baggies containing the chicken, frozen veggies, milk and egg combined and Bisquick mix in a large storage box and tossed the whole thing in the freezer. I pulled it out in time to thaw. It took me about 5-8 minutes to put the whole thing together. In fact, the oven wasn't even completely pre-heated when I was ready to put it in.

In the time it took for this to bake, I washed the few cooking utensils and mixing bowls I had used, and shredded a fresh chicken for future recipes.

It was the perfect comforting meal for the dreary, rainy evening we had!

Veggies, Chicken, Cream of Chicken Soup, Salt, Pepper
Topped with Bisquick Mix 

Dinner Time!


Chicken Pot Pie (click for printable)

What you need:

· 2 cups frozen veggies, thawed (any kind you like)
· 1 cup cooked chicken
· 1 can cream of chicken soup
· 1 cup biscuit baking mix
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1 egg

What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix veggies, chicken and soup. (Feel free to salt & pepper the mixture.)
3. Put veggie mixture in individual oven safe bowls or one large pie plate.
4. Mix the Bisquick, milk and egg in a measuring cup.
5. Pour batter on the veggie mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment