Sunday, August 19, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

Have I mentioned that I love making quick and simple dinners? This is another one that falls into that category! Personally, I'm not a huge fan of spicy food, although I do like buffalo wings on occasion. Studdly Hubby does like it though, so I thought I'd try this out for him. Fortunately, the ranch dressing and cheddar cheese helped tone down the heat, so my mouth wasn't on fire!

I used shredded rotisserie chicken that I had previously frozen to save time and add flavor. I also used 4 whole wheat hamburger buns instead of 2 hogi rolls. Studdly Hubby's only complaint was that the bottom bun was a little too hard and crispy for his taste. I'm not sure how that can be avoided, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

We went all out tonight and used the paper plates ;-)
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich (click for printable)
·   1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
·   1/2 cup cheddar cheese
·   1/4 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
·   2 hogi rolls


  1. In a small bowl, combine the chicken and buffalo wing sauce until the chicken is well coated with the sauce.
  2. Open the hogi rolls and spread the blue cheese dressing onto one side of the buns.
  3. Place 1 cup of the chicken into each roll, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then transfer to a baking sheet.
  4. Bake in an oven preheated to 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the sandwich are golden brown.
  5. Serve immediately and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment