Friday, August 24, 2012

White Chicken Enchiladas

This is hands down my favorite thing I've made since I started this Monthly Menu Planning thing. It's super simple (don't be fooled by the sauce) and tastes rich and creamy. I wasn't even really hungry by the time it was ready, but you can bet I gobbled up two of them! Studdly Hubby even gave this 4/5 stars! He's been really picky lately, so believe me, that's pretty good.


I used my frozen shredded chicken for this, and also froze the cheese and tortillas. I froze the sour cream, but it ended up separated and watery. I went out and bought some fresh. Won't try that again! The tortillas were fine though.


White Chicken Enchiladas (printable)

10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese.  Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute.  Add broth and whisk until smooth.  Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.  
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies.  Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.


Not a very good photo, but this is how it comes out of the
oven...bubbly and delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment