Monday, August 20, 2012

Why You Should Shred Your Own Chicken

Today, I shredded an entire rotisserie chicken. With my bare hands. I almost felt bad for the little guy.

BUT, I ended up with 4+ cups of shredded chicken in my freezer that I can later use for Quesadillas, Chicken Pot Pie, Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches...the list goes on and on!

This is super easy. Just buy your favorite rotisserie chicken, I like Target's Archers Farm Savory Rotisserie Chicken, , pull of the skin, then use your fingers to shred. Once the chicken has been more or less DESTROYED, I measure out the shredded bits and place them in labeled baggies. I then push out as much air as I can from the bag and throw it in the freezer. The end!

Now when I come across a recipe that calls for shredded or diced chicken, I already have it cooked, seasoned and shredded. It's a no-brainer!

The Before Picture...Ok, I may have had a little nibble ;-)

The After Picture...utterly destroyed.
This is what 4+ cups of shredded chicken looks like.

All done!

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment